Copenhagen, November 10th, 2023 – The first ever in-person eFIBA Finals will take place this November 25-26 at DreamHack Winter in Jönköping, Sweden. The top eight nations will compete for the title of eFIBA World Champions, as well as the lion’s share of the €50,000 prize pool, with competing nations from Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East, North America, South America, and Oceania.
Here is all you need to know about the eFIBA S2 World Finals
Commencing November 25, the top eight nations will go head-to-head on stage at the immersive gaming lifestyle festival, DreamHack Winter. This will mark the first time in history that national teams from around the globe compete for the ultimate international title in competitive NBA 2K24. The winner will receive the ultimate bragging rights as the first-ever eFIBA World Champion, the largest portion of the €50,000 prize pool, and a live trophy ceremony on stage at DreamHack Winter.
Competition schedule and format
After six intense weeks of online qualifiers, eight nations secured their spot in the eFIBA Season 2 World Finals. Nations from Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East, North America, South America, and Oceania will be at DreamHack Winter to have a chance at being crowned the eFIBA World Champions. All games in the World Finals will be played in the best-of-three format.
Day One – November 25th
- Eight nations will be divided into two groups of four.
- Nations will play against each other once to decide the final group standings.
- The Group Stages will begin at 12:15pm CET.
- The top two nations from each group will progress to the semi-finals.
Day Two – November 26th
- The winners of each group will face off against the runners-up of the other group in best-of-three semi-finals.
- The semi-finals will begin at 10:45am CET.
- The third and fourth-placed nations from each group will face off in a series of classification games, which will begin at 12:00pm CET.
- The losers of the semi-finals will compete against one another in the Bronze playoff at 3:00pm CET.
- The semi-final winners will progress to the Final, where the eventual winner will be crowned World Champions, which begins at 3:30pm CET.
Nations Attending and Regional Champions
- Lebanon – eFIBA Season 2 Middle East Champions
- Morocco – eFIBA Season 2 Africa Champions
- New Zealand – eFIBA Season 2 Oceania Champions
- Philippines – eFIBA Season 2 Asia Champions
- Türkiye – eFIBA Season 2 Europe Champions
- France – eFIBA Season 2 Europe Champions
- USA – eFIBA Season 2 North America Champions
- Brazil – eFIBA Season 2 South America Champions
Seasoned Desk Host Vince Change will be leading the broadcast, with Chris Sampson, the Expert, offering in-depth game knowwedge. Zunaid Suleman and Nate Patrick will be the Sideline Reporters across all matches.
|Defensive Player of the Year||€2,500|
A grand total of €50,000 is up for grabs in the prize pool. €40,000 is designated as prize money for the top four nations, with another €10,000 to be awarded to individual players. €5,000 will be awarded based on skill-boosters acquired by nations in the semi-finals and final. The Most Valuable Player (MVP) and the Defensive Player of the Year will take home another €2,500 each from their magnificent performances.
Where to Watch
Fans tuning in online and watching the games from around the world can look forward to an exciting broadcast filled with extra content. The live broadcast will be available on the eFIBA Twitch, YouTube and TikTok channels, on FIBA’s Twitch and YouTube channels as well as via national streamers from around the world.
Those looking to experience the action live can look to purchase a DreamHack Winter festival ticket, as these also grant access to the eFIBA stage. More information, including available ticket types and prices, is available here.
For more details about eFIBA and the latest updates, visit the official channels on X (formerly Twitter), Instagram, and the official website. For more general information, visit eslfaceitgroup.com or follow ESL FACEIT Group on LinkedIn.
ProgressPlay brings forward the future of casino management with revolutionary AI
Once again, casino and sports platform provider ProgressPlay are ahead of their time with a new wave of technology innovation that has helped the company to attend major shows during 2023 with soaring confidence based on pioneering proprietary technological advances that have featured strongly in annual awards shows.
The company’s future-centred thinking and ambitious AI product development attracted a raft of operators and partners attending last week’s SiGMA Europe in Malta. A raft of casino operators during the show had the opportunity to see firsthand ProgressPlay’s new tech which offers a comprehensive gaming management solution across multiple channels and products.
ProgressPlay’s enhanced iGaming platform provides operators with a powerful real-time AI-driven proprietary flow tool for optimising the performance of an online casino in a dynamic data ecosystem. Real-time player interaction provides compliance teams with the information to manage and interact with players.
Last year, ProgressPlay undertook an ambitious reframe of their technology with new proprietary Responsible Gambling automation and tools at its heart. ProgressPlay’s new platform manages player accounts, payments, bonuses, loyalty programs, fraud prevention and games, using robust tools and analytics.
ProgressPlay Sales Manager Marina Nahhas said: “ProgressPlay’s innovative Responsible Gambling software covers topics like KYC, player activity, affordability levels, and a transparent audit trail. These topics resonate heavily with operators and we were delighted with the level of engagement around this revenue-critical activity during the week we spent in Malta.”
ProgressPlay’s combo sportsbook and comprehensive turnkey solution, including casino platform, player management, payments module, and affiliate software are designed to boost operators seeking to effectively drive both revenue and efficiency with the latest cutting-edge technology.
Over 150 online casino brands have partnered with ProgressPlay covering a unique combination of casino games and sports-betting. ProgressPlay’s sportsbook offers up to 40,000 live betting markets and services across 20 languages while the latest platform offers a slick AI-driven UI/UX, and extensive value-added services alongside thousands of casino games, including slots, online casino, live casino, poker, table games, and sportsbook, across all devices and currencies.
ProgressPlay CEO Itai Loewenstein said: “Commercial agreements are being driven by our breakthrough technology that enables deployment of our AI tools for greater efficiency and revenue-generation. SiGMA Europe has been the last stop in a busy year and we believe that since we first launched our new technology in London at the beginning of the year our sophisticated Responsible Gambling tool has quickly moved beyond the early-adopter stage.”
SiGMA Europe 2023 in Malta: Slotegrator shares key insights
Every year, SiGMA Europe gathers iGaming professionals together to connect, share insights, and sum up the year. This year, the event was visited by over 20,000 participants from over 100 countries. The Slotegrator team found the trip to be truly inspirational and is ready to share its insights.
SiGMA Europe was the best place to summarize the results of 2023. For Slotegrator, this year was dedicated to researching customers’ requirements and desires, players’ interests, and industry tendencies. Throughout the year, Slotegrator visited events in four huge iGaming markets – Africa, Asia, LatAm and Europe – to get a clear picture of what those markets are like.
At each of these events, the team gathered firsthand knowledge on how to improve Slotegrator’s flagship products and provide even better service to the company’s clients.
At SiGMA Europe 2023 in Malta, the Slotegrator team presented new features of its turnkey online casino platform and the phenomenal mobile solution – Telegram Casino – which was first presented by Slotegrator in 2017 and updated in 2022.
Slotegrator’s top managers also had plenty of meetings with partners about the company’s APIgrator solution – a unique solution for the fast and seamless integration of online casino games into gambling platforms. The solution incorporates more than 15,000 various slots, card games, live dealer games, and virtual sports from 100 world’s leading developers. In 2024, Slotegrator will present to the market plenty of new partnerships with providers from different parts of the world.
“SiGMA Europe 2023 was a great event for our team, as usual. To gather in such a great place to meet partners, to summarize preliminary results of the year, to outline plans for the future – it was the right decision,” says Yana Khaidukova, Managing Director at Slotegrator.
Slotegrator mentions that the composition of the iGaming world is changing: new companies have already appeared and will continue to appear not only for occuping a part of the existing market, but they form new niches, as they come with new spectacular offers and solutions. It is the reason why the competition increases many times, and it gives the industry new directions of development.
As for providers, their number is increasing very rapidly. Small companies are growing into large ones, which shows the success of their solutions, and new companies come with fresh ideas, games and experience that players like.
One trend that is only going to increase is the interest in crash games. Prominent studios are introducing new examples of fresh crash games. Leaders, who are already successful in this niche, such as Aviatrix, continue to modify their crash game and expand it into new markets and continue to win the hearts of new players by providing them with an amazing gaming experience.
According to the Slotegrator’s observations, many Asian companies took part in SiGMA Europe 2023, which suggests that the Asian vector will be very popular next year.
Here are some additional key insights from SiGMA Europe that the company will carry into next year:
- Responsible Gaming is growing more and more important to players, operators, and regulators.
- It’s essential to embrace innovation. New technologies can let operators offer players more choices and solve problems faster and more effectively.
- Operators need to keep increasing their security and anti-fraud measures. Scammers are always on the lookout for new ways to defraud casinos, so operators need to try and stay a few steps ahead of them.
- Players want to be a part of a community. Platform operators should create a welcoming atmosphere by offering features like multiplayer chats where players can connect with each other.
- It’s essential that online casinos show loyal players their appreciation. Better bonuses can keep players coming back, as well as referral programs where players earn rewards for bringing in new leads.
- Cryptocurrencies, NFTs, and blockchain tech in general are here to stay. Finding ways to integrate them can help you offer your players a better, more modern experience.
- Player behavior should be constantly analyzed in order to identify trends and enhance player retention strategies.
As for the last point, Slotegrator is set to release internal reports on the state of the industry that provide an analysis of player behavior and predictions for the development of the industry in 2024. To be one of the first to receive the reports, subscribe to Slotegrator’s social media channel here.
Since 2012, Slotegrator has been one of the iGaming industry’s leading software and business solution providers for online casino and sportsbook operators.
The company’s main focus is software development and support for online casino platforms, as well as the integration of game content and payment systems.
The company works with licensed game developers and offers a vast portfolio of casino content: slots, live casino games, poker, virtual sports, table games, lotteries, casual games, and data feeds for betting.
Slotegrator also provides consulting services in gambling license acquisition and business incorporation.
More information: https://slotegrator.pro/
Oddschecker Media Group expands Italian presence with SuperScommesse acquisition
- 2rbo Affiliates Shortlisted for Best Newcomer at iGB Affiliate Awards 2024
- Hacksaw Gaming Debuts DraftKings Partnership in New Jersey
- ESA Gaming partners with Novibet for global distribution deal
- ClearStake awarded ISO 27001 certification cementing its position as a trusted financial risk check provider
- ProgressPlay brings forward the future of casino management with revolutionary AI
- Play’n GO launches Play’n GO Music
- BTG’s ‘Christmas Catch’ Slot Hits Evolution Network December 1
- Booming Games’ premium content is now available on 888 Casino in Spain
- From Track to Triumph: Ex-Professional Runner Lauren Fleshman’s Good For A Girl Wins Best Sports Book of 2023
- Stakelogic Live Receives License to Enter the Greek Market
- Yggdrasil fires up festive fun with Rock Star Santa MultiMax™
- Global Video Games Market Report, 2022 and 2023-2030: With “Speed Being the King” in Gaming, Growing Fiber to Home (FTTH) Connections Bolster Growth
- Kambi Group plc’s Executive Management increases shareholding by exercise of share options
- Outstanding talent’ underpins iGB Affiliate Award shortlist
- Bacta Convention welcomes ‘brighter future’ speech from UK Gambling Minister
Recent Slot Releases3 weeks ago
Unearth an eruption of treasure in 3 Oaks Gaming’s Grab More Gold!
Africa4 weeks ago
Nigerian FG Proposes Introduction of Tax Scheme on Sports Betting
Africa4 weeks ago
Shape Games Establishes Presence in Africa with SunBet Partnership
Australia4 weeks ago
SBS to Let Streaming Viewers Block Gambling, Alcohol and Fast-food Ads
Malta4 weeks ago
Bragg is attending the SiGMA Europe, Malta 2023
Compliance Updates4 weeks ago
Ukraine’s Evolving Gambling Landscape: Insights from the Panel of European Gaming Congress in Warsaw
partnerships2 weeks ago
William Hill chooses Dizplai to add real-time score updates and odds to its Betting TV service for in-store and online customers
Africa3 weeks ago
EGT Installs its Gaming Equipments at Grand Palace Casino in Cameroon