The Stars Group Inc. is pleased to announce that shareholders approved the proposal to combine the business with Flutter Entertainment plc (“Flutter”). The special resolution approved the previously announced plan of arrangement under the Business Corporations Act between The Stars Group and Flutter, whereby Flutter will acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of The Stars Group.
Approximately 99.99% of the shares voted at the meeting voted in favor of the special resolution approving the Arrangement. The special resolution is described in greater detail in The Stars Group’s management information circular dated March 26, 2020 filed under The Stars Group’s profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com and on EDGAR at www.sec.gov and details of the voting results will be filed under The Stars Group’s profile on SEDAR, EDGAR and on The Stars Group’s website at www.starsgroup.com.
On April 21, 2020, the shareholders of Flutter also approved the Arrangement. Subject to remaining regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions, The Stars Group now currently expects the Arrangement to close in May 2020.
About The Stars Group:
The Stars Group is a provider of technology-based product offerings in the global gaming and interactive entertainment industries. Its brands have millions of registered customers globally and collectively are leaders in online and mobile betting, poker, casino and other gaming-related offerings. The Stars Group owns or licenses gaming and related consumer businesses and brands, including PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, FOX Bet, BetEasy, Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo, Sky Poker, and Oddschecker, as well as live poker tour and events brands, including the PokerStars Players No Limit Hold’em Championship, European Poker Tour and Asia Pacific Poker Tour. The Stars Group is one of the world’s most licensed online gaming operators with its subsidiaries collectively holding licenses or approvals in 24 jurisdictions throughout the world, including in Europe, Australia, and the Americas. The Stars Group’s vision is to become the world’s favorite iGaming destination and its mission is to provide its customers with winning moments.
SOURCE The Stars Group
AGCO issues $80,000 penalty related to dealer cheat scheme at Woodbine Casino
The Registrar of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) has served Ontario Gaming GTA Limited Partnership (“Casino Woodbine”) with notice of a Monetary Penalty totaling $80,000, following allegations of a cheat-at-play and dealer collusion scheme at Toronto’s Woodbine Casino.
In April 2023, the Ontario Provincial Police Investigation and Enforcement Bureau (IEB), embedded within the AGCO, laid charges against five individuals. The charges follow an investigation into allegations that an electronic craps dealer at Woodbine Casino was in collusion with these patrons.
The AGCO’s Regulatory Compliance Branch subsequently conducted an in-depth compliance review to assess Casino Woodbine’s adherence to the Gaming Control Act, 1992 (the Act) and Registrar’s Standards for Gaming. The Registrar found that Casino Woodbine failed to detect or take appropriate action on available information to prevent the cheat-at-play and dealer collusion scheme, including:
- internal financial reports and emails indicating substantial and atypical losses from the electronic craps game over a six-month period of time, which were not effectively acted upon;
- table games supervisors were often absent from the craps table when suspicious gambling activities occurred;
- video surveillance recordings showing that the electronic craps game failed to follow required rules and procedures and lacked effective supervision;
- although Casino Woodbine had issued the dealer with seven procedural violations for inappropriately pushing dice to patrons before closing bets, the dealer was allowed to continue dealing electronic craps during that time.
Casino Woodbine fully cooperated with the AGCO’s regulatory review and has committed to addressing deficiencies.
Ontario’s gaming laws require casino operators to implement effective controls to limit the risk of criminal activity, including cheating and collusion between patrons and casino staff. In addition to these penalties, the AGCO will continue monitoring to ensure Casino Woodbine appropriately addresses their controls to better detect and prevent casino cheats and dealer collusion.
A casino operator served with a Notice of an issued Monetary Penalty by the AGCO has the right to appeal the Registrar’s action to the Licence Appeal Tribunal (LAT), which is an adjudicative tribunal independent of the AGCO and part of Tribunals Ontario.
The Registrar issued a Monetary Penalty for multiple alleged violations of the Act, which arise from non-compliance with the Registrar’s Standards for Gaming:
- Standard 4.3, paragraph 2, requiring operators to have adequate supervision in place to ensure adherence to required procedures, including rules of play.
- Standard 4.14, requiring that operators have mechanisms in place to deter, prevent and detect collusion and cheating;
- Standard 6.1 paragraph 1, requiring that operators conduct risk assessments to determine the potential for unlawful activities, including money laundering, fraud, theft and cheat at plays.
Century Casinos Completes Sale-Leaseback of Four Properties in Alberta
Century Casinos Inc. announced that it completed the sale of the real estate assets of Century Casino & Hotel Edmonton, Century Casino St. Albert and Century Mile Racetrack and Casino in Edmonton, Alberta and Century Downs Racetrack and Casino in Calgary, Alberta (collectively, the Century Canadian Portfolio) to subsidiaries of VICI Properties Inc. for an aggregate purchase price of CAD 221.7 million (USD 162.4 million) in cash. The Company retained approximately CAD 154.5 million (USD 113.2 million) of the purchase price after giving effect to the purchase of the Century Downs land, selling expenses, Canadian and US taxes and proceeds to be paid to the minority owners of Century Downs.
Simultaneous with the closing of the transaction, the Century Canadian Portfolio was added to the existing triple-net master lease agreement between subsidiaries of VICI and subsidiaries of the Company (Master Lease) and annual rent will increase by CAD 17.3 million (USD 12.7 million). The annual rent escalator related to the Century Canadian Portfolio is capped at 2.5%. Additionally, the term of the Master Lease will be extended such that, upon closing of the transaction, the lease will have a full 15-year initial base lease term, with four 5-year renewal options.
“We are pleased to extend our good partnership with VICI to our Canada portfolio. This transaction provides us with the ability to pay down our debt and with greater financial flexibility as we continue to grow,” Erwin Haitzmann and Peter Hoetzinger, Co-Chief Executive Officers of Century Casinos, said.
Stifel acted as exclusive financial advisor to the Company, and Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP and Field LLP acted as legal counsel to the Company in connection with the transaction.
Rivalry Corporation Releases Casino.exe on Mobile App, Adds New Games
Rivalry Corporation enhances casino product suite with eight new games and Casino.exe mobile app launch
Company increases casino product accessibility, engagement with variety of new games and Casino.exe release on iOS mobile app
Rivalry Corporation (TSXV: RVLY) (OTCQX: RVLCF) (FSE: 9VK), the leading sportsbook and iGaming operator for Millennials and Gen Z, today announced a number of enhancements to its casino product suite including launching Casino.exe, Rivalry Corporation’s proprietary casino platform that blends 90s nostalgia with interactive entertainment on its iOS mobile app in Ontario and adding a variety of new games.
“Since launching Casino.exe last year we’ve diversified our revenue mix and materially increased betting handle,” the co-founder and Chief Executive Officer for Rivalry Corporation, Steven Salz, said. “Our emphasis on tech and design innovation continues to serve as a catalyst for our products, allowing us to drive organic interest and activity in casino with limited marketing spend. Today’s announcement adds greater accessibility to our exclusive casino platform and builds on a unique offering with more games and variety.”
In Canada, Ontario residents will now be able to access and play Casino.exe through Rivalry Corporation’s iOS mobile app, which launched in May with eSports and sports betting. Since releasing its mobile app in Ontario, Rivalry Corporation has seen a 15% month-over-month increase in betting handle and uptick in player registrations.
Rivalry Corporation has also added eight new games to Casino.exe including a mix of game shows, table games and instant games. The update will add game variety and scale to the company’s casino offering as it continues to grow in popularity on Rivalry Corporation, generating C$57.5 million in Q2 2023 betting handle.
“Casino.exe has put a stake in the ground for the future of online casinos and how the industry can push the traditional online betting experience toward something much more fun and engaging for a demographic that demands it,” Salz said. “We’re excited to be bringing this product to more customers in Ontario and continue expanding our casino product suite for all our users.”
The company intends to continue growing its portfolio of casino games with originally developed games as well as further evolving Casino.exe with more interactive and entertainment-based features, which add depth and exclusivity to its product suite.
- Go Big or Go Home: High Roller Casino Bonus Canada Explained
- PointsBet Canada Renews The Sweep 16 Bracket Challenge with Spotlight Sports Group Ahead of Second Annual PointsBet Invitational Curling Tournament
- Play’n GO make a break for the piggy bank in Piggy Blitz
- GeoComply and Citi launch the second edition of “The Challenger Series” in Las Vegas
- AvatarUX partners with BetConstruct to further expand international footprint
- Niko Partners ‘India Games Market’ Report – India retains title as Asia’s fastest-growing video games market in 2023
- Get back to basics and win big in latest ‘Powered by OneTouch’ title Mo Mo Moolah
- Gaming Corps’ sizzling Super Hot Stacks slot brings Free Spins and Bonus Guarantees
- Get clucky in 3 Oaks Gaming’s Little Farm: Hold and Win
- Soft2Bet Takes Aim at Italian iGaming Market Through Strategic Licensing
- Playtika Unveils the Thrilling Crime Saga Ghost Detective from Wooga Exclusively on Netflix Games
- Leading Law Firm Poppleston Allen Comments on People’s Postcode Lottery’s ASA Ruling
- Star Guests Boost Viewing Figures as Successful Big Sam Show Provides Returns for William Hill
- Banksy ‘Girl with Balloon’ Sold to Fund New Purpose-Driven Gaming World, VistaVenus
- Dubai Racing Club Opts for TPD’s Horse Tracking Solution
Asia4 weeks ago
INSIDE QUANTUM GAMING’S STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP WITH JAPAN SOLUTIONS: EMPOWERING SUCCESS IN THE JAPANESE MARKET
Drew Svitko4 weeks ago
Scientific Games Launches The Game of Life Scratch, Fast Play and Digital Lottery Games with World-Leading Pennsylvania Lottery
Latest News3 weeks ago
Arctic7 Accelerates Growth With New Barcelona Studio and First Details of New Internally Developed Game
a top advisory firm in the gambling industry4 weeks ago
SCCG Management Announces Strategic Partnership with Yepp for Innovative Fan Engagement Software Solutions
Compliance Updates4 weeks ago
Kate Nicholls OBE to join UK Gambling Minister, Shadow Minister and fellow industry CEO’s at 2023 bacta Convention
Asia4 weeks ago
PAGCOR RELEASES 1ST TRANCHE OF AID TO OVP
Asia2 weeks ago
Kazakhstan President Directs Govt Agencies to Limit Gambling for Certain Individuals
Argentina2 weeks ago
PRAGMATIC PLAY GOES LIVE WITH BETWARRIOR MENDOZA IN ARGENTINA