More than Half the Gaming Population is Drawn to First-Person Shooters as the Top Gaming Genre in 2023
LONDON, Nov. 03, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — A landmark visual case study released by MDC (Minimum Deposit Casinos) has revealed that the global gaming industry is booming, with millions of people around the world plunging into the virtual realm to enjoy their all-time favourite games. In 2023, there were 98 million people using virtual reality (VR) and 23 million using augmented reality (AR). By 2027, both AR and VR are expected to surpass 100 million users worldwide.
iGaming resource portal MDC in collaboration with NowSourcing, a renowned design agency, did the research and created an immersive visual case study, mapping out the most favoured video games in the United States and across the globe as of 2023.
- The most popular video game genres are first-person shooters, action adventures, simulations, multiplayer online battle arenas (MOBAs), and sports games.
- Video game preferences vary by country, e.g., France loves Pokémon Legends: Arceus, China prefers Honor of Kings.
- Emerging trends in the gaming industry include AR and VR gaming, fitness gaming, and casino gaming.
The gaming industry has reached a golden age – where futuristic cutting-edge technology emulates a universe unlike any other. These are realistic, pioneering, and super engaging games, unlike anything seen before. But what types of games are trending and what are the most popular among players?
The MDC case study infographic found, that first-person shooters (FPS) are the most popular video game genre, followed by action adventures, simulations, MOBAs, and sports games. At least 66%, aged 16 to 24, are engaging in FPS games.
The most popular video games in 2023 also vary from country to country.
France enjoys Pokémon Legends: Arceus, China prefers Honor of Kings, and other countries have their favourites, like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Germany), Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (United Kingdom), Madden NFL (United States), Pikmin 4 (Japan), God of War Ragnarök (Russia), Remnant II (Canada), and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Australia).
The gaming industry is also constantly evolving, with new trends emerging all the time. Some of the most leading trends include AR and VR, fitness, and casino gaming.
AR and VR Gaming
Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) games have taken the world by storm. AR games overlay digital information onto the real world, while VR games transport players to completely immersive virtual worlds.
In 2023, there were 98 million people using VR and 23 million using AR. By 2027, both AR and VR are expected to surpass 100 million users worldwide.
Some of the most played AR and VR games on Steam include War Thunder, Phasmophobia, and VR Chat.
The VR fitness market is also expected to grow 40% between 2023 and 2029.
Online casino entertainment is just as sought after around the world. In 2023, there were 4,792 online gaming businesses located globally – a 29.25% growth rate since 2018. Some of the top casino games include Coin Master, Bingo Blitz, and Jackpot Party Casino Slots.
With so many different types of games and platforms to choose from, the global gaming industry has never looked brighter.
Learn more about the trendiest games around the world on MDC: https://www.minimumdepositcasinos.org/2023/10/19/the-worlds-most-popular-video-games/
MDC (minimumdepositcasinos.org) is your ultimate resource portal for accurate and up-to-date information on the best online casinos and games worldwide. Led by a team of online casino experts, MDC is committed to providing valuable insights and promoting responsible online gaming practices for users globally.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at: https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/73455644-6d1d-451c-ab07-6c1c3dbafe3b
CONTACT: Contact: Email Address: [email protected] Twitter/X: @MinDeposCasino
- US iGaming: Three predictions for 2024
- Online Poker vs Live Poker Games – 5 Top Differences
- NetBet Casino joins forces with Apollo Games
- BF Games introduces new mechanic in latest release Megacity
- Pariplay makes German market debut through ZEAL launch
- Missouri Valley Conference Partners with U.S. Integrity
- Sportradar Appoints Jim Bombassei as Senior Vice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Finance
- IGT Recognized as a Top Employer in the US and Canada by Top Employers Institute
- International ESG rating upgrade for NOVOMATIC
- Everygame Casino Introduces Legendary New Locking Archer from Spin Logic
- NOVOMATIC: Award-Winning Austrian Leading Company for More Than 10 Years
- Booming Games’ Art and Dev Team Begins Work on Ronaldinho Games
- ANJ Publishes a Study to Evaluate the Illegal Online Gambling in France and Gain a Better Understanding of Consumer Practices
- Thunderkick offers up scorching wins and spicy features in Hellapeños
- EGT Digital’s X-Nave Won the “Online Platform of the Year” Prize from BEGE Awards 2023
Recent Slot Releases4 weeks ago
Unearth an eruption of treasure in 3 Oaks Gaming’s Grab More Gold!
Compliance Updates4 weeks ago
Ukraine’s Evolving Gambling Landscape: Insights from the Panel of European Gaming Congress in Warsaw
partnerships3 weeks ago
William Hill chooses Dizplai to add real-time score updates and odds to its Betting TV service for in-store and online customers
Africa4 weeks ago
EGT Installs its Gaming Equipments at Grand Palace Casino in Cameroon
Africa4 weeks ago
South African Casino Player Celebrates Striking Wins on Various Slot Games
Baltics3 weeks ago
Nordcurrent Acquires River End Games from Amplifier Game Invest
Betfair Colombia4 weeks ago
Stake Expands into Colombian Market with Acquisition of Betfair Colombia and License Approval until 2025
Latin America3 weeks ago
Smartsoft has officially stepped into the digital sponsorship role for the Argentine football team