The MGA has issued a new guidance note related to Licence Surrenders. This guidance note aims to provide Licensees with a clear outline of the expected requirements and procedures in this regard, mainly relating to:
- The exact date and time when the authorised person has stopped or shall stop accepting new business;
- The proposed plan that will be actioned by the Licensee further to the surrender of the Licence which shall include but not be limited to, a timeline outlining in detail the manner in which outstanding player balances, including funds-in-play and ongoing jackpots, shall be duly settled by the Licensee;
- The reason for which the Licensee has elected to surrender the Licence.
As part of the licence surrender application process, the Licensee must settle any dues to the Authority in terms of the Gaming Licence Fees Regulations and the Gaming Tax Regulations. Furthermore, the Licensee will also have to undergo a data extraction exercise once the licence surrender review is underway.
The Licensee is required to submit the completed ‘Licence – Licence Surrender’ application via the LRMS, with at least twenty (20) days’ notice.
The guidance note may be accessed here.
Spillemyndigheden Issues DKK100,000 in Fines for Illegal Games Advertising
Denmark’s gambling regulator, Spillemyndigheden, has issued fines totalling DKK100,000 for an individual found to be advertising illegal games across two websites.
The games in question were being offered by operators without a licence in Denmark. Neither the identity of the websites nor the individual were disclosed by Spillemyndigheden.
The regulator said the two websites linked to sites where users could gamble, even if they were registered with ROFUS, the national self-exclusion programme in Denmark. Only sites that do not hold a licence allow users registered with ROFUS to gamble.
Spillemyndigheden added that it is an offence to promote websites and operators without a licence. The regulator reported the individual to the police, which in turn ruled they had broken the law.
This led to the issuing of two fines of DKK50,000 – one for each website. This left the total fine at DKK100,000. The total was recommended by Spillemyndigheden.
The case marks the first occasion where fines have been issued for promoting how players can gamble even after registering with ROFUS.
MGA Issues New Guidelines for Processes Related to Gaming Devices
The Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) has released a notification for all licensees that hold a Controlled Gaming Premises Certificate of Approval and/or Gaming Premises Certificate of Approval that it has streamlined the processes related to gaming devices.
“The Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) would like to notify all licensees that hold a Controlled Gaming Premises Certificate of Approval and/or Gaming Premises Certificate of Approval that we have streamlined the processes related to gaming devices to improve the quality and consistency of our work by ensuring that our practices are compliant with operating standards,” the MGA noted.
“We are therefore issuing a new guidance note to help you understand the standardised processes and the requirements to be submitted for each process. These revised processes shall come into force as of 1 December 2023.
“We would also like to express the importance of your cooperation in submitting complete applications, as defined in the guidance note, allowing the MGA to work diligently and coordinate the required work efficiently.”
Jackpot Digital Receives License to Install Three Jackpot Blitz(R) ETGs at Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort in California
Jackpot Digital has announced that it has received licensing approval from the Jackson Rancheria Tribal Gaming Agency, the regulator for Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort located in Jackson, California. The vendor’s license was the final step required for the Company to install Jackpot Blitz ETGs at Jackson Rancheria. The Company is now scheduling installation for three of its next-generation, dealerless Jackpot Blitz ETGs at the property.
Each new table installed will represent additional monthly recurring revenue to the Company.
In addition to Jackpot’s cruise ship customers, which include Carnival Cruises, Virgin Voyages, Princess Cruises, Holland America, AIDA, and Costa Cruises, Jackpot has announced land-based installations or orders in 12 states and territories in the US and growing, including California, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, South Dakota, US Virgin Islands, Washington, as well as several international jurisdictions.
- Swintt uncovers subterranean riches in Heart of Earth Deluxe
- ⚡Bitcoin Lightning payments in a major AAA game 🎮
- OnAir Entertainment Launches Travel Fever: A Game Show Revolution
- PRAGMATIC PLAY TURNS CANDY-FILLED ADVENTURE INTO WINTER WONDERLAND IN SUGAR RUSH XMAS
- Unlocking Rows feature adds bonus thrills in Playson’s Fire Temple: Hold and Win
- SIS-Owned 49’s and Inspired Entertainment to Provide Upgraded Virtual Horse and Greyhound Racing Products
- Dive into winter seas with Blueprint Gaming’s first-ever festive slot Crabbin’ for Christmas Jackpot King
- Plunder your way to magical prizes in 3 Oaks Gaming’s Olaf Viking: Hold and Win
- Wazdan reimagines classic in Black Horse™ Cash Out Edition
- Spillemyndigheden Issues DKK100,000 in Fines for Illegal Games Advertising
- MGA Issues New Guidelines for Processes Related to Gaming Devices
- iGaming Ontario to Request Proposals for a Centralized Self-Exclusion Solution in Early 2024
- A $1 Million Amenity is Coming to the Former Buffet Space at Golden Nugget Casino Biloxi
- Kindred Group Announces North America Exit and Actions to Accelerate Profitable Growth
Recent Slot Releases3 weeks ago
Unearth an eruption of treasure in 3 Oaks Gaming’s Grab More Gold!
Africa4 weeks ago
Nigerian FG Proposes Introduction of Tax Scheme on Sports Betting
Africa4 weeks ago
Shape Games Establishes Presence in Africa with SunBet Partnership
Australia4 weeks ago
SBS to Let Streaming Viewers Block Gambling, Alcohol and Fast-food Ads
Malta3 weeks ago
Bragg is attending the SiGMA Europe, Malta 2023
Compliance Updates3 weeks ago
Ukraine’s Evolving Gambling Landscape: Insights from the Panel of European Gaming Congress in Warsaw
Central Europe4 weeks ago
Hungarian Lottery goes live with OddsMatrix sportsbook & platform services
Africa4 weeks ago
Growth Markets Zone to Launch at ICE 2024 Generating Business Opportunities for Stakeholders Across Latin America and Africa