Yesterday, DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) announced it has reached an agreement in principle, subject to licensing and regulatory approvals, with the Passamaquoddy Tribe paving the way for the launch of its online sportsbook in Maine.
“Building a relationship with the Passamaquoddy Tribe is a fantastic opportunity for DraftKings, as we look to bring customers in the state of Maine safe and legal sports betting,” said Jason Robins, Chief Executive Officer and co-founder, DraftKings. “We look forward to our continued collaboration with the Maine Gambling Control Unit as we become the official mobile sports betting provider of the Passamaquoddy Tribe and launch in our industry-leading 25th state.”
The agreement between DraftKings and the Passamaquoddy Tribe will allow sports fans 21 years of age and older to access DraftKings’ innovative, immersive and entertaining sportsbook app experience that includes a variety of wagering options including pre-match and in-game options as well as signature, built in-house same-game-parlay features.
“The Passamaquoddy Tribe is excited to enter into a mobile sports wagering agreement with DraftKings,” said Chief William Nicholas, Passamaquoddy Tribe. “We couldn’t have landed a better organization in the mobile sports wagering arena, and we look forward to continued progress and investment for future growth in the state of Maine.”
“The Passamaquoddy Tribe at Sipayik is incredibly thrilled to have a mobile sports wagering deal with DraftKings,” said Chief Pos Bassett, Pleasant Point Tribal Government. “They are the industry leaders, and we are excited to be a part of bringing a first-class mobile sports wagering experience to Maine. This is a huge step forward for my community and the state.”
In response to the tragic events in Lewiston, ME on October 25, DraftKings will be donating $100,000 to Lewiston-Auburn Area Response Fund to support those affected. With Maine Community Foundation (MaineCF) as a conduit, 100% of every dollar donated will be allocated to people impacted and the organizations that will help guide Lewiston-Auburn through the process of healing. Donations to the Lewiston-Auburn Area Response Funds will be distributed with deep community guidance, including from MaineCF’s statewide board, engagement by MaineCF’s Androscoggin County Committee, and community steering committees.
An active member of the American Gaming Association (“AGA”), DraftKings is committed to promoting the AGA’s Have A Game Plan.® Bet Responsibly public service campaign, which educates customers on responsible gaming best practices, such as establishing and adhering to a budget and only engaging with legal, regulated operators. DraftKings is committed to creating inclusive and responsible pathways for people to build, create, imagine and innovate through the DraftKings S.E.R.V.E.S. program.
Eligible customers in Maine can access the latest betting markets and more by downloading the DraftKings Sportsbook app available via iOS and Android. To become a DraftKings Dynasty Rewards member, visit sportsbook.draftkings .com/dynasty. For problem gambling support or services, please call 1-800-GAMBLER. Persons under 21 years of age may not participate in sports wagering.
- Galaxy Gaming® and Pragmatic Play Expand Licensing Agreement
- Finnplay Simultaneously Releases Mobile Apps for Hungarian and Dutch Markets
- Salsa Technology Launches Salsa Safe, a Dedicated Platform for iGaming Regulators
- Swintt uncovers subterranean riches in Heart of Earth Deluxe
- ⚡Bitcoin Lightning payments in a major AAA game 🎮
- OnAir Entertainment Launches Travel Fever: A Game Show Revolution
- PRAGMATIC PLAY TURNS CANDY-FILLED ADVENTURE INTO WINTER WONDERLAND IN SUGAR RUSH XMAS
- Unlocking Rows feature adds bonus thrills in Playson’s Fire Temple: Hold and Win
- SIS-Owned 49’s and Inspired Entertainment to Provide Upgraded Virtual Horse and Greyhound Racing Products
- Dive into winter seas with Blueprint Gaming’s first-ever festive slot Crabbin’ for Christmas Jackpot King
- Plunder your way to magical prizes in 3 Oaks Gaming’s Olaf Viking: Hold and Win
- Wazdan reimagines classic in Black Horse™ Cash Out Edition
- Spillemyndigheden Issues DKK100,000 in Fines for Illegal Games Advertising
- MGA Issues New Guidelines for Processes Related to Gaming Devices
- Jackpot Digital Receives License to Install Three Jackpot Blitz(R) ETGs at Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort in California
Recent Slot Releases3 weeks ago
Unearth an eruption of treasure in 3 Oaks Gaming’s Grab More Gold!
Africa4 weeks ago
Nigerian FG Proposes Introduction of Tax Scheme on Sports Betting
Africa4 weeks ago
Shape Games Establishes Presence in Africa with SunBet Partnership
Australia4 weeks ago
SBS to Let Streaming Viewers Block Gambling, Alcohol and Fast-food Ads
Malta4 weeks ago
Bragg is attending the SiGMA Europe, Malta 2023
Compliance Updates3 weeks ago
Ukraine’s Evolving Gambling Landscape: Insights from the Panel of European Gaming Congress in Warsaw
Central Europe4 weeks ago
Hungarian Lottery goes live with OddsMatrix sportsbook & platform services
Africa3 weeks ago
EGT Installs its Gaming Equipments at Grand Palace Casino in Cameroon