Under the main topic “Invest in Games”, the Hamburg Games Conference will bring together participants from the international games industry at the Altonaer Museum in Hamburg on March 1 and 2, 2023. Further talks, keynotes and panel discussions will focus on funding, dev and start-up topics. The first games industry experts contributing to the program with talks and presentations are already confirmed. Tickets for the Hamburg Games Conference are available at a reduced early bird rate until January 12, 2023.
For the main conference track “Invest in Games”, multiple talks are already confirmed, providing insights and best practices on investments and M&A deals from the perspective of founders as well as investing companies and M&A advisors:
- Janosch Kühn and Daniel Stammler (founders of Kolibri Games / BLN Capital) recap building up their studio and their successful exit in their talk “Kolibri Story – From student dorm to multi-million dollar exit in 4 years”.
- Maarten de Koning (Executive Vice President at DDM, an investment consulting firm specializing in games) will outline the most important principles for successful deals in his talk “10 Golden Rules to Avoid Investment and M&A Disasters”.
- Arnd Benninghof (Executive Vice President of Gaming at Modern Times Group) will provide insights into MTG’s M&A strategy, with which the Swedish company continues to successfully build an international portfolio of investments in the games sector (including for example InnoGames, Kongregate, Hutch and PlaySimple).
- Michael Schade (CEO and Co-Founder of Hamburg-based studio Rockfish Games) looks back on the successful self-financing of Everspace 2 through crowdfunding, early access and licensing deals in his talk “How to Self-fund a 20 Million Euro Space Looter-Shooter”.
- Frank Zahn (Delivery Director & Managing Director at the technology consultancy / software company Endava) shares his experiences selling his digital agency Exozet to Endava in his talk “Lessons Learned on Selling my Company”.
- Christof Wegmann (Founder & CTO at Exit Games / Photon Engine) will look back on success factors and lessons learned in the development of the mobile hit Stumble Guys in his post-mortem talk “Stumbling into a Global Hit Downloaded 2 Million Times per Day”.
First confirmed speakers for the further conference tracks covering funding, dev and start-up topics are:
- Linda Rendel (Production Director and founder of FemDevMeetup) will present her talk “Production Leadership – How to be an authentic lead and build trusting relationships with your team” and share insights as well as tools for authentic leadership in the context of game productions.
- René Habermann (founder and developer at Bippinbits) will share his learnings from the development and successful marketing of the indie hit Dome Keeper, which generated over a million euros in revenue within just one day after its release.
- In a post-mortem talk, Jan and Paul Taaks (founders of Hamburg-based indie studio Overhype Studios) will give insights into the development and marketing of their indie hit Battle Brothers.