Rivalry Corp. (the “Company” or “Rivalry”) (TSXV: RVLY) (OTCQX: RVLCF) (FSE: 9VK), an internationally regulated sports betting and entertainment company, today announced its financial results for the three and six-month periods ended June 30, 2022. All dollar figures are quoted in Canadian dollars.
“We are very encouraged by our performance in Q2, putting up significant year-over-year growth across all core metrics, and sequential growth on a number as well, despite what is a seasonally quiet quarter in the esports calendar,” said Steven Salz, Co-Founder and CEO of Rivalry. “And thus far, our momentum in the third quarter is continuing this growth trajectory, including hitting another all-time record for betting handle in a single month, delivering $23.4 million in July. With a number of impactful product releases, marketing, and operational initiatives slated through the rest of year, we are hungry to demonstrate to the market the inherent operating leverage in our model.”
Second Quarter 2022 Highlights
- Betting handle1 was $38.4 million in Q2 2022, a year-over-year increase of 98% compared to $19.4 million in Q2 2021, and down 4% sequentially from the record high of $40.2 million in Q1 2022, as Q2 is a seasonally slower quarter.
- Revenue was a record $5.3 million in the second quarter, a year-over-year increase of 60% from $3.3 million in Q2 2021, and represented the Company’s highest-ever revenue in any quarter. Revenue was up 11% sequentially from $4.8 million in Q1 2022.
- Gross profit was a record $2.1 million in the second quarter, a year-over-year increase of $1.4 million or 206% from $0.7 million in Q2 2021, and up 201% sequentially from $0.7 million in Q1 2022.
- The Company had $27.8 million of cash and no debt as at June 30, 2022.2
- The Company commenced gaming operations in Ontario on April 4, 2022, the first day of regulated online gaming in the province.
- The Company announced the launch of gaming operations in Australia on May 9, 2022.
2 Includes cash and cash equivalents of $24.1 million and restricted cash of $3.7 million.
“The strength in the business in the second quarter was all achieved organically and driven by our existing core markets. Launching in our first two regulated markets was a very important milestone in Q2 that will help drive growth in the coming quarters as we establish our brand with consumers, deploying our ‘crawl, walk, run’ strategy that prioritizes operating with sustainable unit economics in new markets first, and scaling spend thereafter,” Salz added. “We were very encouraged with our Q2 performance considering that we did not see a material contribution from either of these markets yet, and during what is already a seasonally quiet quarter. On the other side we were proud to demonstrate the profitability potential of our current betting handle, posting record gross profit during the quarter.”
“Looking ahead, we are excited about the second half of the year,” Salz added. “The traditionally strong third quarter is tracking well for us. Several important platform enhancements in areas like mobile app, traditional sports offering, and our casino vertical are set to be launched in the coming months.”
Investor Conference Call
Management will host a conference call at 10:00 a.m. EDT on Thursday, August 25, 2022 to discuss the Company’s second quarter 2022 financial results.
|Dial-in:||888-396-8049 (toll free) or (+1) 416-764-8646 (local or international calls)|
|Webcast:||A live webcast can be accessed from the Events section of the Company’s website at www.rivalrycorp.com or at this link.
A replay of the webcast will be archived on the Company’s website for one year.