NeoGames S.A., a technology-driven provider of end-to-end iLottery solutions, announced it’s financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021.
Moti Malul, Chief Executive Officer of NeoGames, said: “We are increasingly encouraged by the performance and development of the various markets and customers we support, notwithstanding expected seasonal impacts during the quarter. In particular, this quarter has seen continued strong growth in Alberta, where new gaming verticals were added, as well as further expansion of our games content into new markets and customers with contracts in Ukraine and Italy, which prove the market leading position of our offering.”
“Our substantial growth and strong performance over the past year gives us confidence that we are well positioned to maintain our position as the premier innovator and provider of iLottery solutions to the global lottery industry. As we continue to prove the effectiveness of our offering in engaging and maintaining players as well as enabling state and local governments to generate more revenue they can deploy for public benefit. We are proud and honored that our achievements are recognized by the industry, demonstrated by our recent win of the EGR B2B Awards as the Best Lottery Supplier for 2021. We are confident that we will continue to be the first choice for both full-service offerings and content relationships as additional jurisdictions see the value iLottery can offer.”
Second Quarter 2021 Financial Highlights
- Revenues were $12.9 million during the second quarter of 2021, compared to $13.0 million during the second quarter of 2020, representing a decrease of 0.6% year-over-year. In addition, the Company’s share of NPI revenues was $8.5 million during the second quarter of 2021, compared to $1.6 million during the second quarter of 2020, representing an increase of 434% year-over-year. The total of revenues and the Company’s share of NPI’s revenues was $21.4 million during the second quarter of 2021 compared to $14.6 million during the second quarter of 2020, representing an increase of 47.0% year-over-year.
- Comprehensive income was $2.8 million, or $0.11 per share, during the second quarter of 2021, compared to comprehensive income of $2.4 million, or $0.11 per share, during the second quarter of 2020.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $8.3 million during the second quarter of 2021, compared to an Adjusted EBITDA of $7.8 million during the second quarter of 2020, representing an increase of 6.6% year-over-year.1
- Network NGR was $187 million during the second quarter of 2021, compared to $112 million during the second quarter of 2020, representing an increase of 67.2% year-over-year.1
1 Adjusted figures represent non-IFRS information. See “Non-IFRS Financial Measures” and the tables at the end of this release for an explanation of the adjustments and reconciliations to the comparable IFRS numbers.
Second Quarter 2021 Business Highlights
- Performance in Alberta has continued to exceed expectations during the province’s third live quarter. A successful launch of draw games and growth in existing and new players continue to drive the customer.
- Signed contract with Lottomatica in Italy to provide its successful eInstant games portfolio.
- Subsequent to quarter-end, signed contract to enter the Ukrainian market through a deal with Ukrainian National Lottery UNL, illustrating the international appeal of our content.
- Chosen as the 2021 EGR B2B Award winner for Best Lottery Supplier.
- Appointed Christopher G. Shaban, a senior lottery industry professional, as EVP Sales, Marketing and Customer Development.
- Subsequent to quarter end, launched Multi-Game progressive jackpot for eInstants.
The Company is raising its fiscal year 2021 Revenue and Share in NPI Revenues Interest Guidance to between $75 million and $79 million, compared to the prior range of between $73 million and $77 million.
Conference Call & Webcast Details
NeoGames will host a live conference call and audio webcast on Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time, during which management will discuss the Company’s second quarter results and provide commentary on business performance. A question and answer session will follow the prepared remarks.
The conference call may be accessed by dialing (833) 301-1152 for U.S. domestic callers or (914) 987-7393 for international callers. Once connected with the operator, please provide the conference ID of 8593557.
A live audio webcast of the earnings conference call may be accessed on the Company’s website at ir.neogames.com. The replay of the audio webcast and accompanying presentation will be available on the Company’s investor relations website shortly after the call.