ZK International Group Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce that it has led a $50M Series A funding round in CG Malta Holding Limited (“CGM”), a rapidly-growing, privately-held multi-state and globally licensed sports betting and casino operator, to launch MaximBet.com. MaximBet is a strategic partnership with Maxim, the renowned media brand and CGM.
The Company’s investment in CGM will total $50 Million through two closings. The first closing occurred today in which the Company has acquired a 12% interest for the purchase price of $15,000,000. The second closing anticipated to occur within the second quarter, will result in the Company acquiring an additional 13% for the purchase price of $35,000,000. Upon completion of the two closings, the Company will own a total interest of 25% in MaximBet.
MaximBet will be made up of a market-leading sports betting and casino website at MaximBet.com, and tailor-made native iOS and Android apps that will allow users to bet on sports and casino in the United States and around the world. The new venture will leverage Maxim’s integrated network of print, digital, social and experiential platforms to engage the loyal Maxim community and sports bettors alike.
“Maxim has successfully established itself as a preeminent lifestyle brand over the last 25 years,” said Daniel Graetzer, CEO of CGM. The CEO of CGM continues, “our mutual objective is to provide sophisticated entertainment and VIP experiences to the same customer demographic which makes Maxim the perfect partner for CGM.”
Aside from its currently live operation in Colorado, Carousel Group has also entered into a multi-state, 10 year partnership with Caesars Entertainment, Inc., (NASDAQ:CZR) that will see its online sportsbook made available to customers in New Jersey, Indiana and Iowa, as well as its online casino in New Jersey, pending obtaining necessary gaming licenses. MaximBet intends to capture a significant share of the U.S. online gambling market, which is projected to be an annual $10 billion industry by 2025.
Last month, ZKIN announced the formation of its new wholly-owned subsidiary, xSigma Entertainment Limited, with the intent of acquiring online gaming assets to increase shareholder value by targeting businesses in the growing online casino industry. The Company is thrilled to share that its first strategic investment in the US online gambling industry is with an internationally-recognized brand and a premier operator that boasts a team with decades of experience.
Today’s closing of $15 million in Series A funding marks the beginning of the Company’s innovative approach to add value to its shareholders. Jiancong Huang, Chairman of the Company, states, “We are pleased to act as a capital partner to such an amazing brand and experienced management team. Our Company and shareholders are excited about the future and we are looking forward to adding shareholder value to CGM as MaximBet readies to rapidly scale its operations in 2021.”