Deputy CEO of Pokerbet Igor Terebinov
- How do you think rebranding helps businesses and why do big companies do it?
Rebranding is a powerful tool that can give a new breath and direction to a business. Large companies rebrand in order to achieve several significant benefits.
First, rebranding allows companies to adapt to an ever-changing market and consumer demands. Updating the look and image of the brand helps keep it relevant, attract new customers and retain existing ones.
The second benefit is audience expansion. A change in image or positioning can help attract new market segments.
Sometimes rebranding can be associated with a change in a company’s strategy. It can help express new brand values, principles and goals, making the brand more modern and relevant.
However, it is important to note that rebranding requires careful research and analysis of the target audience to avoid losing loyal customers. Successful rebranding means balance between preserving brand authenticity and introducing innovations that can provide new impulse for business development and maintain its competitiveness in the market.
- PokerMatch has become Pokerbet. Why did such a big stable company with such a recognizable logo need a rebranding?
The decision to rebrand PokerMatch was driven by strategic and market factors. While stable and recognizable, it was important for the brand to remain relevant and adapt to the changing demands of the industry.
We set ourselves the ambitious goal of changing customer perceptions of the company and repositioning the brand. The desire for a complete rethink of values, approach and technological innovation was our driving force. We sought to transform PokerMatch into a more adaptive business, responsive to new trends and audience preferences.
The refreshed Pokerbet aims to provide a wide range of iGaming services beyond just the poker vertical. The rebranding has successfully reflected the new directions and diversified the updated product portfolio.
- How has the brand philosophy changed?
First of all, when considering a change in brand philosophy, it is important to understand that we are talking about a change in its direction and expansion, not a complete revision. The company’s philosophy has always included a sports component, and this remains unchanged. Thus, in the rebranding process, this component has simply expanded. Previously, the brand slogan was “Poker is your sport.” Now we are promoting the idea that everyone can choose the product vertical they like, as the brand portfolio has become more diverse with sports betting. As a result, the slogan has undergone some changes and now it’s “Choose your sport”. The expansion of the product range has changed the brand philosophy, allowing it to interact with a wider audience of users and become more visible and recognizable.
- Why the crown?
The choice of the crown as a symbol was quick and reasonable. However, it is worth emphasizing that we took into account its popular use in the context of gambling. The symbolism we sought to convey through the visualization of the crown refers more not to the gaming element, but reflects the trinity of verticals that are united in the renewed brand portfolio: betting, poker and casino. Our main goal was to make this symbol a recognizable and independent element. The crown is our brief logo and is also used as an independent unit in elemental identity on merch, display advertising and many other configurations. Just as importantly, this graphic element has gained popularity among our users due to the symbolic eye that draws attention and seems to look out from under the crown. In the future, we plan to integrate this element as an icon in our advertising campaigns.
- How long did it take to prepare and implement the rebranding?
It is important to note that the rebranding process was not constrained by a clear timeframe and exact launch date. At the initial stage of the project, there were no defined boundaries and it evolved as key decisions were made about the need to give the brand a new look. In terms of timeframe, we can say that after the concept and strategic vision were approved, it took about six months to prepare and implement the rebranding.
- How did your audience respond to the changes?
The rebranding was well accepted by the brand’s audience. We received a significant amount of positive feedback and reactions. The name change and image update aroused interest and attention, which is confirmed by the activity of our followers in social networks, discussions on forums and feedback through various communication channels.
We, in turn, gave users an opportunity to get reacquainted with the brand by organizing tournaments with good prizes and other pleasant surprises.
The overall audience reaction to the rebranding was an inspiring and motivating factor for our entire team.
- What was the most challenging part of the rebranding process for you personally?
One of the biggest challenges was striking a balance between keeping the old brand recognizable and making the necessary changes to update and adapt.
Before deciding which brand elements to keep and which to change, my team and I had a lot of discussions and analysis. We wanted to make the rebranding visible and inspiring to attract the attention of new customers, but also take into account the expectations of the old audience. The changes had to be a balance between innovation and tradition.
It was also a challenge to maintain unity in the team during the change process. Rebranding involves many aspects, and it was important that each team member shared a common vision and goals. This required each department manager to communicate, harmonize and incorporate the opinions of each employee.
- What are the current challenges the brand is facing? What will you identify as success?
A rather big challenge, even during the operation of the past brand, was a high-quality entry into new markets, which would allow the company to take a key position in the industry among competitors in a particular market. However, at this point in time, we cannot claim that we have been able to achieve this goal. Although we are present in several markets, we cannot claim to be the leading brand in any of them. Thus, a sign of success would be to achieve leadership status not only in the home market but also in foreign markets.
Therefore, the first significant achievement after the rebranding will be a strong presence and activity in external markets, where we aim to take a leading position in terms of recognition, engagement and business activity of our brand. In the medium term, we are also focusing on two specific markets for which we already have expansion plans and strategies in place.
Niko Partners ‘India Games Market’ Report – India retains title as Asia’s fastest-growing video games market in 2023
- Meteoric rise in revenue: Niko Partners projects India video games revenue across all platforms to reach $868 million in 2023, up 21.2% YoY. India’s video game market is the fastest growing by gamers and revenue, which is forecast to reach $1.6 billion by 2027, growing at a 5-year CAGR of 17.2%. The report excludes revenue generated from Real Money Games.
- Player base keeps on expanding: The number of gamers in India across all platforms is forecast to reach 444 million in 2023, up 12.1% YoY, and reach 641.2 million in 2027, growing at a 5-year CAGR of 10.1%.
- Dominance of mobile gaming: India is a mobile-first market with 96.8% of total gamers playing on a smartphone or tablet.
- Game-spending is on an upward trajectory: 31% of the 444.4 million gamers will spend on video games in 2023, with annual ARPPU reaching $6.38.
- Esports continues to gain momentum: 71.8% of the total gamers have engaged with Esports by either playing an Esports game, watching or participating in an Esports tournament.
- Encouraging factors in terms of revenue growth and brand investment: The return of BGMI and Free Fire are positive signs for the industry and foreign game companies looking to enter the market.
Get back to basics and win big in latest ‘Powered by OneTouch’ title Mo Mo Moolah
Mo Mo Moolah, the latest ‘Powered by OneTouch’ release, serves up a classic casino experience with innovative modern features and huge win potential.
A one line game set across three reels, Mo Mo Moolah evokes a sense of nostalgia where simplicity reigns supreme, combining traditional elements with features such as rewarding respins and multipliers.
Players choose to play with one, two or three reels with all columns activated offering bigger prizes of up to 10,500x the bet.
A Respin feature can be triggered when two or more reels are active if either a 0 or 00 land, regardless of a winning or non-winning spin.
When all reels are in play, landing the Cash Stack symbol on the third column triggers a special Moolah Respin feature. This sees it lock in place while the first two reels will respin. If a Cash Stacks tile appear on both reels, the It’s Raining Moolah round will be triggered.
One of seven different valued coins are available on reel one whilst the subsequent two contain multipliers of up to 10x. The second reel will multiply the coin win on the first reel, whilst the third reel will multiply the new value for potentially massive 2,000x wins.
Madis Raus, Head of OneTouch, said: “The latest ‘Powered by OneTouch’ release, Mo Mo Moolah, embodies the perfect blend of classic charm with some added modern twists to keep things fresh.
“We invite players to enjoy the nostalgia of a traditional stepper game while spinning for thrilling wins in this captivating slot experience.”
Gaming Corps’ sizzling Super Hot Stacks slot brings Free Spins and Bonus Guarantees
Gaming Corps is bringing back the beloved classic fruit theme with the launch of new slot game Super Hot Stacks.
Super Hot Stacks is a five-reel video slot with three symbols per reel and 15 paylines. The game gives players the chance to watch their wins multiply as the reels stack up with juicy fruits and exciting multiplier values.
The Super Hot Stacks feature can be triggered on any spin. When a symbol lands in every symbol position on a single reel, the multiplier increases by +1. This multiplier then applies to any winning combinations on that spin. The maximum multiplier in the main game is six, but can go up to 25 in the Free Spins feature where the multiplier is sticky!
The action-packed Free Spins feature will be awarded when players land three Scatter symbols; players will receive seven Free Spins and this can be re-triggered up to fifty Free Spins. If the player obtains less than 10x their total bet in the Free Spins feature, the Bonus Guarantee will be triggered, awarding additional Free Spins to continue the action.
Gaming Corps continues to cement its position as an up-and-coming games developer with this latest slot release, following a plethora of game launches this year, with successful titles such as Raging Zeus Mines, Wild Woof, Prospector’s Plinko and Luke E. Chance and the Book of Luck.
Connor Blinman, Head of Games at Gaming Corps said: “The Gaming Corps development team have been hard at work of late focusing on several game releases, and we are delighted Super Hot Stacks is now ready for players to enjoy. It is a pleasure for us to take a classic theme that players love and put our own spin on it.
“This has been a momentous year for Gaming Corps already as we continue to grow as a developer, creating diverse content remains at the forefront of our strategy, and there are more releases in the pipeline which will give players even more memorable experiences.”
- Niko Partners ‘India Games Market’ Report – India retains title as Asia’s fastest-growing video games market in 2023
- Get back to basics and win big in latest ‘Powered by OneTouch’ title Mo Mo Moolah
- Gaming Corps’ sizzling Super Hot Stacks slot brings Free Spins and Bonus Guarantees
- Get clucky in 3 Oaks Gaming’s Little Farm: Hold and Win
- Soft2Bet Takes Aim at Italian iGaming Market Through Strategic Licensing
- Playtika Unveils the Thrilling Crime Saga Ghost Detective from Wooga Exclusively on Netflix Games
- Leading Law Firm Poppleston Allen Comments on People’s Postcode Lottery’s ASA Ruling
- Star Guests Boost Viewing Figures as Successful Big Sam Show Provides Returns for William Hill
- Banksy ‘Girl with Balloon’ Sold to Fund New Purpose-Driven Gaming World, VistaVenus
- Dubai Racing Club Opts for TPD’s Horse Tracking Solution
- Opera GX, the Browser for Gamers, Surpasses 25 Million Monthly Active Users
- Play’n GO signs The Climate Pledge
- Yggdrasil welcomes players to the jungle in Beasty Blox GigaBlox™
- Wilds, Expanding Wild and Free Spins wait for those who can brave the cold and the beasts that roam the reels in the provider’s latest blockbuster release
- Get Ready to Party at Hot Chilli Fest From Stakelogic
Asia4 weeks ago
INSIDE QUANTUM GAMING’S STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP WITH JAPAN SOLUTIONS: EMPOWERING SUCCESS IN THE JAPANESE MARKET
Drew Svitko4 weeks ago
Scientific Games Launches The Game of Life Scratch, Fast Play and Digital Lottery Games with World-Leading Pennsylvania Lottery
Latest News3 weeks ago
Arctic7 Accelerates Growth With New Barcelona Studio and First Details of New Internally Developed Game
a top advisory firm in the gambling industry4 weeks ago
SCCG Management Announces Strategic Partnership with Yepp for Innovative Fan Engagement Software Solutions
Compliance Updates4 weeks ago
Kate Nicholls OBE to join UK Gambling Minister, Shadow Minister and fellow industry CEO’s at 2023 bacta Convention
Asia4 weeks ago
PAGCOR RELEASES 1ST TRANCHE OF AID TO OVP
Argentina2 weeks ago
PRAGMATIC PLAY GOES LIVE WITH BETWARRIOR MENDOZA IN ARGENTINA
Asia2 weeks ago
Kazakhstan President Directs Govt Agencies to Limit Gambling for Certain Individuals