The Valorant India Invitational organised by Galaxy Racer is going to feature eight teams in its LAN event. All eight teams boast of top-notch talent and will challenge for the elusive trophy and grab a lion’s share of the USD 100,000 prize pool.
Former G2 Esports player, Mixwell was recently announced by Team Heretic and he will lead the team in India. The tournament will also feature APAC kings Paper Rex, Team Secret, Rex Regum Qeon, Boom Esports and Bleed Esports. These six teams will be joined by Enigma Gaming and GodSquad, the two Indian teams in the LAN event.
“With the quality of teams participating, Valorant India Invitational is going to set a benchmark for the upcoming valorant tournaments in the country. This is going to be the first time when we will see some of the franchisee rosters in action before the VCT season kicks off. We are excited to have these teams in India and we are confident of providing a spectacle for the audience.” said Siddharth Ravishankar, Chief Gaming Officer, Galaxy Racer.
Team Heretics, a Spanish Esports organization, has been known for its consistent triumphs in the past two years. Led by the experienced Mixwell, he will surely be someone to watch out for.
Enigma Gaming and GodSquad have secured their berths by winning the Indian qualifiers. Recently, GodSquad became the sole Indian team to get a slot at the Valorant Champions Tour 2023-24.
Teams from Singapore, Paper Rex and Bleed Esports, are other big names taking part in the tournament. While Paper Rex has represented the APAC region in every major international tournament this year, Bleed Esports sealed their spot in the final through SEA Qualifiers. Team Secret from the Philippines and Indonesian outfits Boom Esports and Rex Regum Qeon, will also be looking to make their mark at this prestigious event.
While the gaming arena will be witnessing top-notch competitions from these best Valorant teams, the invitational final will culminate with India’s premier music festival Sunburn, featuring the headline act of DJ Snake.
Rosters of the competing Teams at a Glance:
- Team Heretics: Heretics-Mixwell, Heretics-zeek, Heretics-Boo, Heretics-AvovA, Heretics-keloqz
- Paper Rex: PRX Benkai, PRX d4v41, PRX mindfreak, PRX f0rsakeN, PRX Jinggg
- Team Secret: Secret Invy, Secret Jremy, Secret DubsteP, Secret Vash, Secret BORKUM
- Rex Regum Qeon: RRQ Ejay, RRQ tehbotol, RRQ fl1pzjder, RRQ 2GE, RRQ Lmemore
- Boom Esports: BME Berserx, BME Shiro, BME blaZek1ng, BME famouz, BME Severine
- Bleed Esports: Bleed-Retla, Bleed-Juicy, Bleed-Deryeon, Bleed-Crazyguy, Bleed-sScary
- Enigma Gaming: ENGM Antidote, ENGM Rawfiul, ENGM Tesseract, ENGM Excali, ENGM RvK
- GodSquad: GE Hellranger, GE Lightningfast, GE skrossi, GE kappa, GE skillz
QUEEN ELIZABETH OLYMPIC PARK, THE UK’S HOME OF ESPORTS
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park is fast becoming the home of esports in the UK, with its premier esports arena, Copper Box Arena, at the centre of this rapidly growing industry as it welcomes the World Series of Warzone Global Finals.
London’s third largest arena has already hosted major esports tournaments featuring popular games such as Apex Legends, League of Legends (LoL Esports), Gran Turismo, among many others, drawing in avid esports fans from all over the world.
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park welcomes esports tournament World Series of Warzone Global Finals.
- The leading innovation campus, Here East, on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, is now home to a thriving esports community and promoter Esports Engine.
- The global games market has more than doubled in value from $70.6Bn in 2012 to $180.1Bn in 2021.
- Hub of esports education with courses at Staffordshire University London based at Here East and College of Esports at Lee Valley VeloPark.
Copper Box Arena, managed by GLL, a charitable social enterprise and worker-owned cooperative, operating under the community-brand, Better will welcome the World Series of Warzone Global Finals on Saturday 16th September.
The world’s best Warzone players will battle it out live for a staggering $600,000 in prize money. The event will even include the iconic Solo Yolo event, which will see 150 Warzone demons go rogue, battling it out individually for a chance to claim the crown and a whopping $100,000 prize for the last player standing.
The last CoD event in London was back in 2020 when the London Royal Ravens held some of their electrifying home matches at Copper Box Arena.
The 7,500 seater arena’s flexibility enables it to accommodate the diverse event set-ups different esports events require from a full auditorium, to accommodating event and expo combined, from end stage to centre stage to projection onto the field of play itself.
The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, said: “Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park is a global leader in esports. The Park is harnessing this growing industry, becoming a hub for skills training and jobs in the sector, and helping to create a better, more prosperous London for all. The eyes of the gaming world will be on the Copper Box Arena this week, as tens of thousands of visitors take part in the exciting programme of events, with millions more joining in online.”
Lyn Garner, Chief Executive of the London Legacy Development Corporation, said: “It’s fantastic to be welcoming another esports event to the Copper Box Arena which has established itself as the capital’s prime esports venue. The esports cluster evolving here on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park drives huge opportunities for learning and jobs and makes a major contribution to the economy.”
Gavin Poole, CEO of Here East, said: “It is wonderful to see the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park’s transformation into a vibrant hub for the esports community. Home to world-class tech companies, leading educational institutions and creative businesses, Here East has long supported innovation in the gaming industry. We are thrilled to be at the forefront of this rapidly evolving sector, solidifying East London’s reputation as the leading destination for esports in the UK.”
Stuart Hutchison, General Manager at Copper Box Arena, said: “We’re immensely proud to be part of the emergence of esports. Copper Box Arena is rapidly becoming the home of esports in the UK after hosting huge tournaments such as League of Legends and Apex Legends already this year. We are now excited to be bringing yet another high-profile game to life in Call of Duty Warzone.”
Esports has garnered immense popularity, with viewership for events rivalling that of traditional sports, and the park is at the forefront of embracing this global phenomenon. As esports continues to capture the hearts of many, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park is positioning itself as a leading destination for esports in the UK, offering a dynamic and cutting-edge environment for esports tournaments, athletes, and fans alike.
XFINITY ANNOUNCED AS OFFICIAL SUPPORTING PARTNER OF THE ESPORTS AWARDS
The Esports Awards are the most prestigious night on the esports calendar. Xfinity is now its Official Supporting Partner. This exciting partnership between the United States’ largest Internet provider and the premier platform for recognition in esports excellence and highlights the growing significance of esports on a global scale.
As part of the partnership, Xfinity will present the Esports Content Creator of the Year award during the main ceremony at Zouk Las Vegas on November 30th. This year, the Esports Awards and Xfinity are offering the Ultimate VIP Esports Awards Experience. This initiative through Xfinity Rewards- Xfinity’s free customer appreciation program – aims to reward passionate esports fans with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to attend the Esports Awards ceremony as VIP guests, sharing the spotlight with their favourite influencers and celebrities.
“This partnership with Xfinity represents a significant milestone for the Esports Awards.” said Mike Ashford, CEO of the Esports Awards “Xfinity’s dedication to innovation and the esports community aligns perfectly with our mission to celebrate the incredible talents and achievements within the industry.”
Mark Cruz, Senior Director of Brand Partnerships at Xfinity, commented “As one of the premier industry events, the Esports Awards are the perfect partner to help reinforce how we deliver the best gaming experience on the Xfinity 10G Network. We’re excited to continue to fuel the next generation of gamers, keeping them connected to their online communities.”
The Esports Awards’ goal of elevating the esports industry aligns seamlessly with Xfinity Internet’s commitment to providing gamers with the ultimate experience. The Xfinity 10GNetwork stands as the pinnacle of Internet service for gamers, boasting unrivalled reliability, capacity, and low latency.
However, the commitment to excellence doesn’t end there. Xfinity is continually at the forefront of innovation, with plans to further enhance the Xfinity 10G Network in the coming months, making it even smarter, faster, and more reliable. Their plans for multi-gig symmetrical speeds and ground breaking ultra-low latency features will reshape the gaming experience, making it the Internet provider of choice for players who are serious about what they love.
The 2022 Esports Awards ceremony, held at Resorts World Las Vegas, was a monumental event attended by some of the biggest names in esports and beyond, including PUBG MOBILE, LOUD, and Matthew ‘Nadeshot’ Haag, who were honored with awards. The 2022 Esports Awards campaign also achieved remarkable milestones, with over 17 million total viewers, 115 million impressions, and 10 million votes cast.
Key dates include:
- 20th September: Pro and On-Air nominees reveal
- 13th – 20th November: Turbo voting period–votes are worth double
- 20th November: Voting closes on all categories but 3
- 25th November: Voting closes for Esports PC Player, Esports Organisation and Esports Team of the Year
- 27th & 28th November: Inaugural Scholars
- 29th & 30th November: Esports Awards 2023
Unveiling the Ultimate Gaming Showdown: Stryda and Riot Games Present the Valorant Nordic Clash Championship
eSports powerhouse Stryda has again joined forces with Riot Games to announce the Stryda Valorant Nordic Clash championship. This much-anticipated tournament calls on gamers of all levels to showcase their skills against one another across the Nordic region.
Commencing in October and culminating in a nail-biting grand finale in December, the Stryda Valorant Nordic Clash tournament promises an extraordinary display of skill, strategy and intensity. This collaboration serves as a testament to the unrelenting commitment of both Stryda and Riot Games to elevate and celebrate the talents of eSports players.
New Addition: Clan Events
At the same time as unveiling the Stryda Valorant Nordic Clash, Stryda is thrilled to present a revolutionary addition to its platform, Clan Events. Launched this week, Clan Events offers a fresh and engaging competition format that not only provides users with a new level of activity but also serves as a way to qualify for the upcoming Stryda Nordic Clash. Clan Events centres around collaborative team play; members must unite their skills to accumulate points. The primary objective is for clan members to team up as a party of five (a 5-stack) and play Valorant matches. Victory earns the clan one point while a defeat results in losing one point. Clans then compete based on their accumulated points, vying for the top spot on the leaderboard.
Distinctive Features of Clan Events
Unlike Stryda’s existing competition format, Ladders, Clan Events boasts distinct characteristics that set it apart:
- Free participation: Engaging in Clan Events comes at no cost, ensuring accessibility for all users.
- Collective play: Clan Events emphasize collaborative play, requiring a team of five clan members to participate in each match.
- Unique scoring system: The scoring system is tailored exclusively to Clan Events, enhancing the competitive dynamics and fostering strategic gameplay.
This innovative addition not only widens the horizons for eSports enthusiasts but also introduces a new way for clans to prove their strength on the gaming stage.
- ESA Gaming Signs Aggregation Partnership with Synot Interactive
- Khelraja Becomes the Official Partner for Former English Premier League Champion Leicester City FC
- Cryptocurrency and Online Gaming: Upsides and Downsides
- Maximize Your No Deposit Bonus: Top Slots with Best Odds
- Tips for Every Beginner Gambler
- Level Up: The Hottest Trends at Cutting-Edge New Casinos
- Connecticut Lottery Corporation to Open Retail Sports Betting Facility at Bridgeport’s Total Mortgage Arena
- FanDuel Casino Announces Updated Marketing Campaign and Continued Game Enhancement
- NetBet Italy and 1X2 Network Announce Partnership
- Bacta to Escalate Political Campaign Against Illegal Music Streaming
- Holland Casino Identifies New Groningen Casino Site
- Chris Rock brings Las Vegas to the UK in BetMGM’s Launch Advertising Campaign
- Maria’s Room Rebrands into Maria Ozawa Casino, Marking Third Year Anniversary Partnership with M88 Mansion
- GamCare Reports Rise in Problem Gambling
- STS Gains Advertising Rights for UEFA Europa League
Latest News3 weeks ago
Arctic7 Accelerates Growth With New Barcelona Studio and First Details of New Internally Developed Game
Asia3 weeks ago
Kazakhstan President Directs Govt Agencies to Limit Gambling for Certain Individuals
Compliance Updates2 weeks ago
GLI Becomes First Laboratory Accredited in the State of Paraná, Brazil
Balkans2 weeks ago
EGT Digital Partners with ELITBET.bg
Argentina2 weeks ago
PRAGMATIC PLAY GOES LIVE WITH BETWARRIOR MENDOZA IN ARGENTINA
Eastern Europe2 weeks ago
Incode Technologies and MaxBet Transform Player Onboarding with AI Identity Verification
Australia3 weeks ago
Tabcorp Fined $1M for Not Complying with VGCCC Directions
Balkans3 weeks ago
PayRetailers Lands in Bulgaria, Expanding Operations and Establishing Development Hub in Sofia