Janet Mills, Governor of Maine, has vetoed a bill that would have legalised sports betting in the state. She believes that the majority of people in the state are not ready to legalise and promote betting on competitive athletic events.
“[I am] unconvinced at this time that the majority of Maine people are ready to legalize, support, endorse and promote betting on competitive athletic events,” Janet Mills said.
Mills added that Maine needs to take a closer look at sports betting before joining the growing list of states that have legalised the segment. Before legalising it, Maine needs an approach to slow down and stop illegal gambling activities that are already happening in the state, as well as it needs to protect young gamblers.
Fanatics Sportsbook Launches Today in Indiana
Fanatics Betting and Gaming, a subsidiary of Fanatics Holdings Inc, a global digital sports platform, launched the Fanatics Sportsbook today in Indiana. Sports fans living in and visiting Indiana will be able to download the Fanatics Sportsbook on iOS and Android and begin their Fanatics Sportsbook experience. Indiana marks the fourteenth state for the Fanatics Sportsbook.
In August 2023, Fanatics Betting and Gaming began acquiring the U.S. businesses of PointsBet and planning the migration of PointsBet customers to the Fanatics Sportsbook app. Today in Indiana only, each PointsBet customer’s username, password, account balance, rewards points and responsible gaming settings will be automatically migrated to the Fanatics Sportsbook.
The Fanatics Sportsbook makes being a fan easy with fast signup, easy betting, transparent withdrawals and is disrupting the sports betting industry with the following new features:
- Building a better sportsbook: The Fanatics Sportsbook app was built natively on iOS and Android. The design, speed and quality of the navigation experience rival the sports betting apps in the market today that were not built specifically for iOS and Android.
- FanCash: The Fanatics Sportsbook is the only sportsbook that gives customers up to 5% of your wager back in FanCash. Every dollar of FanCash is a dollar to spend on bonus bets or Fanatics.com.
- Discover: Everything a customer cares about, including marquee games, key stats, trending bets, delivered straight to one location – the Discover feed.
- Search: The Fanatics Sportsbook offers industry-leading search functionality, including a search bar, recent searches, autocomplete, synonym/alias and deep linking. Customers can search easily for the bet they want and bet directly right from the search results.
Fanatics Betting and Gaming believes that responsible gaming is a core tenet and a part of the organization’s DNA. Online customers will have access to Responsible Gaming tools to manage their time and money alongside a best in class Help Center, chat experience and knowledgeable agents with 24/7 coverage.
To download images and videos of the Fanatics Sportsbook, visit the Fanatics Media Center and for more news and information, follow us on the Fanatics Sportsbook social channels on X and on Instagram.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call 1-800-9-With-It
DWG Expands Reach with Exciting Launch on BetMGM Pennsylvania
Design Works Gaming (DWG), a leading innovator in the online gaming industry, is thrilled to announce the launch of its cutting-edge games on BetMGM Casino in Pennsylvania. This strategic collaboration marks a significant milestone for both DWG and BetMGM, a leading iGaming and sports betting operator, enhancing the gaming experience for players in ‘The Keystone State’.
DWG has been at the forefront of creating immersive, engaging online casino games in the United States and the United Kingdom. Following launches on BetMGM New Jersey and Michigan, now Pennsylvania players have the opportunity to enjoy the game studio’s top-performing slots and premium LuckyTap games.
The founder and Chief Executive Officer for DWG, Troy Zurawski, expressed his enthusiasm about the expansion and the fruitful partnership with BetMGM: “Our collaboration with the BetMGM team has been nothing short of incredible. Together, we’ve worked tirelessly to create unique, exciting bespoke content that brings a new level of excitement to players. This launch is a testament to the strong bond we’ve built and the shared commitment to delivering top-tier gaming experiences.”
“It’s always a joy collaborating with DWG,” the Gaming Product and Content Vice-President for BetMGM, Oliver Bartlett, said. “BetMGM players enjoy the LuckyTap suite of games, which is a great fit for our new Arcade product that launched in New Jersey and will be in other states soon. We are proud to be the destination for the biggest selection of exclusive games developed in partnership with the talented DWG team.”
The addition of DWG games to the BetMGM portfolio in Pennsylvania brings an array of thrilling titles that cater to a diverse audience, including two exclusive bespoke titles, Pittsburgh Steelers Big Kick LuckyTap and Pittsburgh Steelers QB Blast LuckyTap. Players can look forward to a seamless and enjoyable gaming experience featuring state-of-the-art graphics, captivating gameplay and exciting wins.
BetMGM’s award-winning online casino is home to over 3,600 titles across North American markets and one of the largest state-by-state exclusive jackpot networks. The inclusion of DWG games is expected to further elevate the platform’s appeal among players in Pennsylvania.
For more information on DWG, visit DesignWorksGaming. com.
TIPICO SPORTSBOOK UNVEILS ITS “FAIR PLAY PLEDGE”, SETTING A NEW INDUSTRY STANDARD WITH SAFETY AND CLARITY AT THE FOREFRONT OF ITS BUSINESS
Tipico Sportsbook, a leading sports betting operator, today announced the launch of the “Tipico Fair Play Pledge,” a first-of-its-kind initiative to establish trust with sports wagering customers.
“The sportsbook industry is criticized for misleading users with vague language and a lack of protective safeguards. This is not the case at Tipico,” said Adrian Vella, Tipico U.S. CEO. “The Fair Play Pledge is much more than just an app upgrade or generic customer service commitment. It is a repositioning of our business, reimagining the relationship with players by putting safety and clarity at the heart of everything that we do.”
Tipico is evolving its platform and redefining the act of placing a bet to make it easier for customers to understand and control. The Fair Play Pledge will foster an enjoyable and safe online atmosphere and help customers more clearly see the value they earn with each bet.
Tipico’s Fair Play Pledge is defined by the following pillars:
– Education and Protection: Tipico merges the act of placing your bet and clearly understanding what that bet entails, while making it easier than ever for customers to set limits and restrictions and personalize “cool-off periods” on its app and website.
– Streamlined App Interface: Tipico creates a simpler betting experience. Improved UX and clear language in Tipico’s quick betslip help customers understand exactly what they’re betting on and the value of their bet, as opposed to a confusing sea of numbers.
– Clear, Automatic, and Flexible Rewards: Tipico Cashback Rewards allow customers to earn more real cash value with each bet. Customers who place a qualifying wager with minimum -200 odds automatically earn 3% cashback on straight bets and 5% cashback on parlay bets, win or lose for any eligible players.
– Commitment to Safety: Introduces a new multi-factor authentication system and allows customers to create their own unique username for secure logins.
– Quick and Reliable Service: Real people, not robots, available 24/7 to guide customers and answer questions in real time.
“We want our players to feel confident knowing that they are betting in safe hands,” added Vella. “This holistic initiative represents our vision for change in the U.S. market and our passion to innovate with a customer-centric approach.”
The Fair Play Pledge is the newest phase of Tipico’s approach to advance the U.S. sportsbook industry, and carefully and meaningfully foster trust among American sports fans. The Pledge will also be incorporated into Tipico’s future campaigns, promotions, partnerships, and marketing activities, cementing its longevity and purpose to incorporate safety and clarity into its relationships with new and existing customers.
“Tipico has always maintained the philosophy that our sportsbook should enhance sports-viewing for customers, providing a simple and fun experience,” said Bryan Schroeder, Senior Vice President – Compliance & Legal at Tipico. “With online sports betting in its infancy here in the United States and a rapidly evolving landscape of regulation, the Fair Play Pledge will establish a new standard of trust. We will lean on this initiative as a catalyst to continue innovating in accordance with our core values of safety and clarity.”
- Fanatics Sportsbook Launches Today in Indiana
- The top slot software, Endorphina, partners up with Star-Casino!
- GGPoker Launches Exclusive WSOP Circuit UK Satellites Press Release
- PAGCOR SEEKS GCG APPROVAL TO IMPLEMENT SALARY STEP INCREMENT
- ClearStake secures seven-figure funding round to drive further growth
- Ellipse Entertainment Enters Geolocation Partnership with GeoLocs
- GGPoker and Great Canadian Casino Bring WSOP Circuit to Toronto
- DWG Expands Reach with Exciting Launch on BetMGM Pennsylvania
- GR8 Tech Wins Best Online Sportsbook Provider 2024 at SiGMA Eurasia Awards
- Justin Farrin-Thorne Joins Xprizo as New Head of Operations
- Fast Track’s Simon Lidzén Wins Best CEO 2024 Award at Sigma Eurasia
- Make Space for Tasty Treats as Relax Gaming Unveils Latest Release Sweetopia Royale
- DiffusionData Offers Free Trial of Diffusion Cloud
- Games Global and Just For The Win® set sail in Dark Waters Power Combo™
- Swintt lifts the lid on super-sized prizes in Jackbox Pearl Upgrade
partnerships4 weeks ago
MONETA COMMUNICATIONS EXTENDS AND EXPANDS MULTI-YEAR PARTNERSHIP WITH SPOTLIGHT SPORTS GROUP FOR SUPERFEED RACING AND BETTING EDITORIAL CONTENT
partnerships4 weeks ago
SPOTLIGHT SPORTS GROUP PARTNERS WITH BOYLESPORTS TO DELIVER CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL CONTENT HUB
Mediterranean Europe4 weeks ago
Cyprus: National Betting Authority Reveals Strong Growth in Q3 2023
Sports Betting4 weeks ago
Swifty Global Set to Enter Irish Gambling Market with Innovative Sports Betting Platform
EurAsia4 weeks ago
GR8 Tech Shortlisted for 3 Categories at SiGMA Eurasia Awards
partnerships4 weeks ago
Buzz Bingo goes all in on real-time personalisation with Future Anthem
Sports Betting4 weeks ago
Three Giant, Golden Darts Land in Cardiff to Celebrate the Start of the 2024 BetMGM Premier League
Baltics3 weeks ago
IGT Signs 12-Year Contract Extension with UAB Perlas Network in Lithuania to Deploy Upgraded Central System Software